Well hello there. The FilmSmiths staff is going to be holding a fun little competition this summer, and we want to invite our loyal readers to join us.
We are going to be doing a Summer Fantasy Box Office, where we predict the Top 10 highest grossing movies of the summer. This idea was inspired by the folks at SlashFilm.com, so be sure to check them out.
Eligible movies are those released between May 1 and Labor Day 2017, and we are counting domestic Box Office only. Point totals will be tallied at the end of the summer.
- 10 points for spot-on prediction
- 5 points if your pick was only one spot away from where it ended up
- 3 points if your pick is anywhere in the Top 10
- -5 points if any of your numbers 2-5 are not in the final Top 10
- -10 points if your #1 prediction is not in the final Top 10
- The winner will get to force the lowest-placed FilmSmiths contributor to watch and review the movie of their choice, no matter how bad or cruel it may be.
- Bonus Prize: If the winner is not a FilmSmiths contributor, they get the above prize and also get to write a guest column of their choice (topic is subject to approval by Editors Nick Potter & Zach Liles).
If you would like to participate, please submit your Top 10 predictions in the comments below by Sunday night.
If you have any questions, let me know in the comments.